Go to South Korea to continue your studies. happy news The KAIST University Scholarship application period is currently underway. In this article, we’ll go into great detail regarding this scholarship program, its advantages, and how to apply.
International students may apply for the fully financed KAIST University Scholarship 2022–2023 scholarship. This award is available for graduate and doctoral study. The complete cost of tuition, a monthly stipend of up to 400,000 KRW, and medical insurance premiums are all covered by this scholarship.
The MIT of Asia is known for KAIST, a renowned leading university in Asia. It was founded by the Korean government in 1971 as the first science and engineering institution in the country with a focus on research. For international undergraduate and graduate students, the Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) offers the KAIST International Student Scholarship.
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): KAIST University
- Study in: South Korea
- Opportunity Focus Areas: See list below.
- Program Period: Two years for masters and three years for PhD.
- Spring Semester: August- September
- Fall Semester (Early): December – January
- Fall Semester (Regular): March – April
College of Natural Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
College of Life Science & Bioengineering
- Biological Sciences
College of Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Bio & Brain Engineering
- Industrial Design
- Industrial & Systems Engineering
- Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
- Materials Science & Engineering
- Nuclear & Quantum Engineering
College of Business
- Business and Technology Management
The following advantages are given to recipients of KAIST University Scholarships:
- A Complete Scholarship (The program will cover all costs.)
- Complete tuition coverage.
- A 350,000 KRW per month scholarship for master’s study.
- A 400,000 KRW per month stipend for doctoral students.
- The recipient’s advisor or department will pay the recipient’s medical health insurance costs.
Eligibility Criteria for KAIST University Scholarship
To qualify for KAIST University Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: Applicants must meet one of the English proficiency test minimum score requirements:
- TOEFL iBT 83 (PBT 560, CBT 220)
- KAIST’s institution code for TOEFL is 0195
- IELTS 6.5 band(Academic mode)
- TOEIC 720(Listening & Reading)
- TEPS 599/New TEPS 326
- All nations in the world are eligible.
- Candidates who are dual citizens of Korea are ineligible to apply as international students.
- Before enrolling at KAIST, applicants for master’s scholarships must have, or anticipate having, a bachelor’s degree.
- Before enrolling at KAIST, candidates for doctorate scholarships must have, or anticipate having, a bachelor’s and master’s degree.
How Do I Apply for a Scholarship at KAIST University?
To apply for this scholarship, please follow the application steps below.
(1) Complete the online application form with the necessary details.
(2) Online storage of those records
- University Profile
- Transcript from high school or university with English proficiency test results
- Official test score report that has been standardized
- A copy of a passport or other government-issued identification and honors (Optional)
- One letter of recommendation
3) The applicant is required to pay an application fee of either KRW 80,000 or USD 80. After submitting an online application, payment can be done by credit card or bank transfer. The applicants should pay any additional fees, such as bank fees. Please be aware that the application money is non-refundable and that after you pay it, you cannot change the application form.
(4) Send your application in.
NOTE: Please check the official website at this link for more information on the application procedure.